The International Corporate Volunteering, in French “Volontariat International en Entreprise” (V.I.E), is a public status managed by Business France (a national agency at the service of the internationalization of the French economy).
The V.I.E is a solution for the international mobility of young professionals, which is the subject of tax benefits and financial assistance beneficial to companies.
The V.I.E. allows a company governed by French law to entrust a young man or woman, aged 18 to 28, with a professional assignment abroad lasting from 6 to 24 months, renewable once within this limit.
The company may entrust the V.I.E. deployed abroad with the following missions (non-exhaustive list):
- Study and prospecting of new international markets
- Reinforcement, technical or commercial, of local teams in place
- Support of a contract, a construction site
- Search for partners, agents or distributors
- Creation or implementation of local structures
The V.I.E. is generally assigned to only one country. However, the “Regional V.I.E.” allows companies to carry out prospecting or monitoring activities in several countries in a geographical area (maximum 8: the country of assignment plus 7 other countries).